Monday, November 14, 2011

Metal Embossing

The challenge for the A|Muse Studio consultant challenge blog was Metal embossing. I had to research the topic a bit before I was able to get started. Most of the tutorials I found used heavy duty foil found in the grocery department and I picked up just the regular cheap version :) so what I did was fold the foil in fourths to get it thicker before running it through the big shot to cut out the stocking. After that I used embossing plate by Sizzix and Basic Grey, if memory serves me correctly I think the line is called Figgy Pudding. Slate, Cherry, and Cherry Woodsgrain, and Shimmer Grey paper from A|Muse. The sentiment is from Mini Holiday Messages from A|muse embossed in white powder. I also used some Washi tape from the A|Muse holiday collection.